Touch

February 18, 2008
Time : 8:05 PM

"Papa says it's a bitch to recognize it."




Touch were a rock band from New York City formed in 1978. Members included Mark Mangold (songwriter and keyboards) and Glen Kithcart (drums), both who had previously been in the band American Tears (releasing three albums on Columbia Records).

Their single, "Don't You Know What Love Is" only reached #69 on the Billboard Hot 100. However, the song was played heavily on AOR radio stations in the USA at the end of the 1970s, and reached the #1 spot on the Melody Maker chart in Great Britain.

Touch were the first band to play at the inaugural Monsters of Rock festival at Castle Donington racetrack in 1980. Rumour has it that a member of Touch swallowed a bee while performing onstage. A live version of "Don't You Know What Love Is" appeared on a compilation LP simply called Monsters of Rock, documenting performances at the festival.

"Don't You Know What Love Is"

posted by Darryl Von Rokk at 8:05 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Touch
For 26 years I've been trying to figure out the name of this song and the band! I knew the first line of the song and I knew the music and it plagued the hell out of me. Talk about an obscure band. No wonder I could never figure it out. I always came back around to it sounding a lot like Triumph (even though I knew it wasn't them!). If it wasn't for this post, I'd never would have found this song after all these years. Thanks!

© 2006 Dynamite | Blogger Templates by layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.

My favorite rock & pop tunes from the 70's & 80's!
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Music